Monday, July 11, 2011

Pumpkin or Banana Pancakes

These are very tender and delicious pancakes. The original recipe came from one of those copycat books, but I changed it a little.

Pumpkin or Banana Pancakes
Ingredients:
nonstick spray
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups buttermilk (or just use milk with 1-2 T. lemon juice or vinegar)
4 T. butter, melted
3 T. canned pumpkin or 1/2 a banana
1/4 cup sugar or honey
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground allspice

Directions:
1. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine all ingredients in blender or mixer.
3. Cook pancakes and eat them!

I have used all wheat in this recipe and it works out great. It is a different texture, but I like them. I also really like 1/2 and 1/2. If using wheat, I suggest using honey and not sugar. For some magical reason, honey is just wheat's best friend. I have also used all dried ingredients including milk, butter, and egg powders. It turned out great too. The amount of pumpkin or banana just makes them really tender and yummy. It's become a favorite recipe here at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment