Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sweetened Condensed Milk

Alright, I got super busy with my last semester and then just didn't get back into the swing of things...including cooking and stuff. But, I've been cooking and baking a lot lately and am ready to share some really awesome recipes that I've recently tried out. Here is an easy, money-saving recipe for Sweetened Condensed Milk. Perfect for recipes and eating! :)

Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup hot Water
3/4 cup Sugar
2/3 cup Low heat, Non-Instant Milk Powder or 1 cup + 2 T. Instant Nonfat Powdered Milk

Place water in bowl or blender and add dry milk. Mix well and add sugar. Mix until smooth. If using a bowl and mixer, you may put the bowl in a pan of hat water to help dissolve sugar.

I just put all of the ingredients in my blender and mixed in up and it turned out perfectly. I was using the non-instant milk powder. I have not tried Instant yet, but will let you know if/when I do. I don't usually have it around. I prefer non-instant for my baking. As for the Sweetened Condensed Milk, it was delicious and I used it in my recipe and it turned out great!


1 comment: