Monday, February 21, 2011

Homemade Deoderant

So, while I was in the "make it myself" mood, I decided to try out making my own deodorant too. Here's the blog I found my recipe on:

http://recycleyourday.com/revisiting-the-homemade-deodorant-recipe/

So, I didn't have beeswax or arrowroot. I just stuck with what I did have at the time and it worked out great anyway. I would be interested in adding those things next time to see how it is. I used the following ingredients:

1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons baking soda
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 drops peppermint essential oil (just for smell-I don't think it's necessary if you don't have it)

First, I put the coconut oil in the microwave for about 15 seconds to liquefy. Then I added the baking soda, corn starch, and peppermint essential oil and stirred it together until it was well mixed. As the mixture cooled back to room temperature it solidified again. You could even make it a cool shape if you wanted. Mine is just in a little plastic container. To apply, I just put some on my fingers and rub on my armpit. It's pretty cool and has kept me dry and fresh smelling all day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment