Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pavlova

Pavlova reminds me of the astronaut ice cream. It's light, crisp, and airy.

Ingredients:
4 egg whites
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons corn starch

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 300.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
3. Gradually add sugar 1 Tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until thick and glossy.
4. Fold in vanilla, lemon juice, and corn starch.
5. Pour into a pie pan or spread in any shape on a cookie sheet. It's thick, so you can do it however you want.
6. Bake 1 hour and then cool on a wire rack.
7. Eat! I spread whipped cream all over and then covered it with fresh strawberries. SO YUMMY!

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of a Chocolate Chip Pavlova I made years ago, that was INCREDIBLE! Maybe I'll pull out that recipe again :)

    ReplyDelete