Monday, February 21, 2011

Laundry Soap

So, Cami told me that she makes her own laundry soap, so I decided to try it out too. It's awesome!! Here is the website that I got the recipe from.

http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/

I used the following recipe:

1 bar Ivory soap
1 cup baking soda
1 cup borax (can be found in the same isle as regular laundry detergent)

Shred ivory soap with a cheese grater and put into a container. Add the baking soda and borax and mix together. Use 1-2 tablespoons in your wash. I don't know if this is necessary or not, but I turn my water on hot right at first to make sure it is nice and dissolved and then switch it back to cold. It's awesome soap and took out gross odors. There are 9 other recipes on the site I posted, so you can make liquid soap or use other recipes to suit your needs. Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. I make one of the liquid recipes. I like it, but I'm curious about this one. I might have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete